Wednesday

Tomatoes, mozzarella and toast!


I've been seeing a lot of pictures of tomatoes on burrata on Instagram and Pinterest lately, and I'm not sure if it's just having a revival at the moment or the interwebz is reading me again. But after days and days of seeing variations of these flavours every time I check my social media, I had to have it.

Only problem is, I couldn't find burrata anywhere! Dagnabbit! This wasn't going to deter me, though, so mozzarella it is!

Here's a recipe I love to make for my husband and I when we can't decide what to have for dinner, or for a weekend lunch.

Braised tomatoes on mozzarella with toast 
(serves 2)
  • A healthy glug of olive oil
  • 2 pints cherry tomatoes
  • A fistful of roughly chopped basil
  • 4-5 smashed cloves of garlic
  • A pinch of sea salt
  • 2 balls of mozzarella
  • Crusty toast 
  1. Heat the olive oil in a braiser or pan, doesn't have to be fancy, add the tomatoes, basil, garlic and sea salt, cover and simmer on low-medium heat for 20 minutes. 
  2. Uncover, pop in the oven under the broiler on medium heat for about 5 minutes
  3. Remove from the oven, and pour over the mozzarella (or even better if you have burrata!) in a bowl and serve warm with toast 

Easy peasy, and super satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment