Saturday

Quick and tasty lunch option

Photobucket
There's a bakery in town called The Bread Shop where they serve one of the best lemon tarts I have ever had. Something else they also have on the menu is healthy and light lunch options! We went there for a quick lunch yesterday, and I ordered this amazing tomato and cheese on toast that they have. It was so good, and such a filling lunch, too, that I got cravings for it when I woke up today.

It's a good thing I also bought a load of their "broom bread", which is basically super high fibre bread, to attempt to recreate the lunch I had yesterday! Easy enough, though probably not as aesthetically pleasant as theirs was... I realize now that I should have probably used room temperature sliced cheese, as opposed to pre-grated cheese straight from the fridge.

Anyway, give it a shot, it's good for breakfast, lunch, or even a snack.

2 slices of tomato (per bread)
Cheese of choice (I used grated gruyere, to cover the top)
Thick slice of good bakery bread

Preheat the oven to 200C, assemble the ingredients for the open faced sandwich on a baking sheet, bake for 7-9 minutes. Serve warm.

Cheers!
x Nabs

No comments:

Post a Comment