Monday

Amanda's Sugar Cookies

Photobucket
I posted a similar recipe before that I adapted from my aunt's, but this time I decided to try out Amanda from iambaker.net's recipe. I wasn't up for adding frosting, especially considering these cookies are just so delicious when plain. I whipped up two batches that day, and I have to say that mixing this dough with a kitchenaid is ten times more satisfying than using a hand mixer.
Photobucket
Never before have I managed to create such a solid dough, it just mixes and incorporates everything so well!
Photobucket
Best item I own, by far.
Amanda's Sugar Cookies
  • 3/4 cups butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Photobucket
  1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy, then gradually add in sugar until you achieve a smooth and creamy mixture
  2. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add in the vanilla and almond extract
  3. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking powder and salt
  4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mix a cup at a time, beating at medium speed with the paddle attachment the whole time, mix until fully incorporated
  5. Drop the dough onto a large piece of cling wrap, fold it tenderly like you would clothe a baby (I even baby talked at it, the dough was so cute!) and refrigerate for at least an hour
  6. After you've showered, watched an episode or two of Community and dried your hair, (lol in other words: when you're ready) roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface til it's around 1/4 inch thick, cut out your cookie shapes and pop in the oven
  7. Bake at 180C for around 8-10 minutes.
Photobucket
Delicious! I brought a tupperware full of these cookies to work and they've been my perfect tea-time snack during the days.
Thanks, Amanda, for sharing this great recipe!
x Nabs

No comments:

Post a Comment