Monday

Reese's Peanut Buttercup Cupcakes

As we all know by now, I'm a fan of putting things in other things (lol...that's... what... she said? I don't know. There's a joke here). My brother wants me to create an Inception series, and while I like this idea, I have to brainstorm to get some inspiration for this.
I had a Reese's Peanut Buttercup for the first time recently, and I thought "... I'm sure I could make this a full sized dessert." Even then I knew that it had probably already been done, cause there's nothing original about pairing chocolate and peanut butter, but so what, eh?

My favourite cupcake shop is Bisou, in KLCC, and my favourite cupcake from there was the Love Me Tender, which is chocolate with peanut butter frosting. However, they stopped selling this a couple of months back, and I've had a void ever since.
Until the Reesepiration! No? Okay, we'll forget I ever said that word. For a moment, it sounded cool in my head.

Gaze upon my frosting, ye mighty, and despair!
The recipe is simple enough, and I admit that I cheated here! Was rushing to meet my cousins at their place for lunch, and considering I slept in, I took the easy way out and used cake mix. Whoops. Whatever.

Chocolate Cupcake
  • 1 box devils food cake mix
  • 3 whole eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 3-4 generous scoops of chocolate ice-cream, softened
  • Reese's peanut buttercups (in hindsight, I should have used mini cups...)
  1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees
  2. Combine cake mix, water and butter
  3. Beat in eggs one at a time
  4. Mix in ice-cream
  5. Drop a Reese's peanut buttercup at the bottom of each cupcake liner, and pour batter on top. Fill to about 3/4 of the lining.
  6. Bake for 10-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius
Peanut Butter Frosting
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup creamy (Skippy, omnomnom) peanut butter
  • 3 tbsp milk, or as needed
  • 2 cups of sifted icing sugar
  1. Cream butter and peanut butter until fluffy
  2. Incorporate sugar in 1/2 cup at a time, beat for 2-3 minutes after each addition
  3. Add milk when it starts to get thick, and stop when you have your desired consistency
Photobucket
I could eat ten of these!

x Nabs

No comments:

Post a Comment