Sunday

Chocolate Raspberry Ice-Cream Cupcakes



I faked cupcakes today! This is one of the easiest, and possibly tastiest recipes you could ever try. I got this from Omnomicon's Vintage Recipes, it's an unconventional "ice-cream cake" where you just add softened ice-cream to a cake mix!


I love making cake from scratch, but then again, there are days when you just want RESULTS with minimum effort. lol. So a cake mix is as good as any, but just make sure you use a really good brand, and not one of those cheap-o ones that taste like dust.


Since it was my aunt's birthday today, I told her I'd make a bunch of cupcakes. I have tried this recipe before, and baked it in a Bundt pan. It turned out great, but considering I've never ever attempted cupcakes before, I figured why not?


You can use any combination of ice-cream flavour with any flavour of cake mix that you feel like having, and the possibilities are ENDLESS! I tried chocolate cake mix with vanilla raspberry ice-cream today. Mmmmm Chocolate and Raspberry, was there ever a couple more perfect for each other? lol okay, fine, orange and chocolate is pretty darn good too.



Here is the recipe from Omnomicon:

Chocolate Ice Cream Cake (but not like you think)
with thanks to Connie Aubuchon

1 box chocolate cake mix (or any other flavour)
1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened (again, any other flavour)
3 eggs
1 c water

Preheat oven to 350o. Grease a tube or bundt pan, then dust with cocoa powder.

Beat all ingredients together for 4 minutes, pour into pan and bake 45 minutes. Serve with a dusting of confectioner’s sugar, a thin icing, whipped cream or the frosting of your choice.

I haven't learnt how to make frosting yet, so... I will scour the internet for lessons and recipes, and will give this another shot next week. With a lot more preparation so that I can get up first thing Sunday morning and have all my ingredients ready.

It seems Sundays have turned into my baking days, and I have to say: I love it!

xx NA

No comments:

Post a Comment