Sunday

Baked Egg in Avocado


I've been absent from the blog these past couple of months; much has been happening and I have no excuse. I've just started a new job, and between learning the ropes and the daily commute to and from work, I'm left with little time to tinker in the kitchen. One thing I've learnt about maintaining a recipe blog while also holding a full time corporate job is the importance of self discipline. I try to cook or bake at least once a week, but in these past few months, it's just been easier to go back to the tried and tested.


But I had a little time this weekend, as it's the first time in three years I'm missing the annual ski trip to Switzerland (crying inside as my siblings send me pictures and updates). Also, I had a craving for avocado and guacamole. This morning, I whipped up a simple baked egg dish (ever since trying out Shakshuka, I can't get enough of baked eggs in my breakfast) for my breakfast, following a rather heavy Valentines Day food fest (dim sum, food trucks, briyani rice, AND McDonalds, oh my). So without further ado, let me share this easy and yummy recipe for two.

Baked Egg in Avocado with fresh Guacamole
Serves 2
  • 1 avocado, halved
  • 2 fresh eggs
  • 1/2 tomato, chopped 
  • 2 tbsp diced white onion
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 lime 
  • Few leaves of coriander, to garnish
  • Salt and pepper to season
  1. Preheat the oven to 230°C/fan-forced
  2. Halve your avocado and scoop out enough of the flesh to create wells large enough for your eggs, then hold the avocado halves in place on crumpled foil on a baking tray
  3. Crack an egg into each half, don't freak out if some spills over, and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes
  4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the avocado flesh, chopped tomato, diced onion, coriander, and juice of 1 lime. Sprinkle with sea salt to season
  5. Serve the avocado halves with a generous topping or side of guacamole, Greek yoghurt and a piece of toast 

No comments:

Post a Comment