Monday

Chocolate Raspberry Donut Cake

Photobucket
I bought a new bundt pan a couple of weeks ago, and just really wanted to try making a giant donut. There was no special reason behind it, I didn't have a recipe that I've been DYING to try... I just wanted to use the pan. Cos donuts are cute, but giant donuts are even cuter!
I got lazy, so doctored up some cake mix, as one does...

Chocolate Raspberry cake:
  • 1 box Pillsbury moist chocolate cake mix
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup raspberry cordial (I found it at the grocery store and the bottle was cute)
  1. Mix everything up in a large bowl and pour into the pan. Can't be easier, LOL
Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
  • 11oz Cadbury dairy milk chocolate
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • pinch of salt
  1. Melt chocolate and cream in a double boiler, add a pinch of salt for that special something, and once mixture is cooled completely, pour into a squeezy bottle and go crazy on the giant donut. Or you can pour the mixture over the cake, why not?
Add some rainbow sprinkles if you like, and ENJOY! My siblings and the neighbours' kids thought it was the cutest cake ever and they expressed the wish of each having one cake to themselves.
My apologies for the craptastic picture, lighting and decoration were just not on my side that day.
x Nabs

No comments:

Post a Comment