Sunday

Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies

Photobucket
I found this recipe on tidymom a while ago, and it's been on a my to-do list ever since. I just never had the time to get it done, or to be honest, I just got distracted by other recipes. However, last week we had a farewell do for a friend and colleague, and knowing she's got quite the sweet tooth, I felt like bringing her a little home-made gift.
Photobucket
A quick aside: I think I'm just going to give people home-made stuff from now on. Sorry to disappoint if you were expecting jewels or fancy clothes.
Back to the matter at hand: So, out of all the recipes I've put a bookmark on, I chose this one because it looks adorable, it's quick and easy, and the night before we had just had a chat about lemon tarts, lemon cakes and lemon bars.
Photobucket
I had to alter the recipe a weeee bit to fit my pantry (note to self: do not assume we're stocked), but not by much, and I'm not even sure if my changes had any effect on the intended outcome.

Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies
Adapted from Tidymom's recipe
  • 1 box lemon cake mix
  • 3/4 cup whipped cream
  • 1/2 cup milk (I used skim milk)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
Photobucket
  1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper
  2. In a large bowl, mix the lemon cake mix, whipped cream, milk, and egg until just combined
  3. Using a tea-spoon, drop scoops of the dough into powdered sugar and roll with a spoon to cover
  4. Place on the parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes
The recipe is so simple, and yet soooo satisfying. Try one the moment it comes out of the oven, trust me when I say that burning your tongue may just be worth it. It took me exactly twenty minutes to prepare the cookies, from step 1 to tasting.
Photobucket
To JG, all the best and see you soon!
Love,
Nabiya

No comments:

Post a Comment