Sunday

Banana Lemon Muffins

Photobucket

My mother has finally handed me her cookbook, the notebook in the picture above. It's chock-full of recipes she's been hoarding for the past 20+ years, and I've been eyeing it for almost as long as I remember. She's got ALL my favourite recipes in there, and they're all written in her hand, and there are stains and spots in the pages from the paper aging as well as whatever cooking spills she might have encountered.

It's glorious! I love it, and honestly can't wait to try every single recipe, as well as add in my own in the empty pages in the back.

Here's the first:

Photobucket

Banana Lemon breakfast muffins (yum!)
  • 110g unsalted butter
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup mashed banana
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk
  1. Grease/line muffin pans
  2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and pretty and fluffy
  3. Beat in the eggs one at a time
  4. Stir in the banana, lemon juice and vanilla
  5. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and flour together.
  6. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, alternating with the buttermilk (you can use yoghurt or just plain milk as a substitute)
  7. Bake at 180 degrees for around 20 minutes
Photobucket

Great to have freshly baked muffins in the house, but these are great to just have ready as well. I usually grab one on the way out the door to serve as my breakfast when I'm rushing to work.

x Nabs

No comments:

Post a Comment